Porterhouse Chops are the cut of meat that contains the tenderloin filet of the Lamb. We call it the Cadillac of Lamb Chops as it is lean, tender, full of flavour and is excellent when cooked on the BBQ or just quickly on the pan and finished in the oven.
Porterhouse Lamb Chops
Published on 10/05/2014 | By admin |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 6 Porterhouse Lamb Chops
- 1 bottle of porter (500 ml)
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp onion granules
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- Place the chops into a bowl and pour the bottle of Porter in onto of them. Add the Tbsp of cider vinegar too and leave to soak for at least an hour. Overnight is ok too.
- Mix all the onion granules, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- After the meat has marinaded for a while, remove from the bowl and allow to come to room temperature.
- Rub the Lamb chops with the olive oil, then sprinkle a generous amount of the dry seasoning mix on the meat.
- Leave to air dry on a baking rack, for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a heavy based pan and put a splash of extra virgin olive oil in the pan.
- Place the chops on the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chops from the pan and put into a baking dish and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes in the oven, or longer if you like your meat well done.
- Serve alongside some buttered potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- Servings : 4-6